Now there’s a reason to go Maccies other than the chicken nuggets, because McDonald’s Monopoly is back.
Players can win cash, prizes, and more often than not, more McDonald’s food.
Here’s all you need to know.
How do we play?
McDonald’s Monopoly 2021 launched on Wednesday August 25 and lasts until October 5, but some prizes can be claimed until November.
The promotion is based on a system of stickers affixed to food and drink cans, with different McDonald’s items carrying two or three each.
After taking them off, diners find details written on the back offering either an instant prize, a Monopoly “property” or an online code that can be entered for the chance to win something.
Stickers can be collected to win bigger prizes.
It was canceled last year because of the Covid. Initially, the date was simply pushed back, before the fast food chain decided not to run it at all.
It was the first time it hadn’t worked in 15 years.
Customers should ignore code expiration dates this time around, as they were reused after the usually spring game was postponed earlier this year.
The new dates are as follows:
- Collect to win non-food prizes: use before the old date June 4, 2021, the new date November 11, 2021
- Collect to win food prizes: use before the old date May 18, 2021, the new date October 19, 2021
- Instant non-food price or rebate: to be used before the old date of June 4, 2021, the new date of November 5, 2021
- Instant meal vouchers or Just Eat: to be used before the old date of May 18, 2021, the new date of October 19, 2021
- Instant voucher (excluding Just Eat): used before the old date, August 31, 2021 or before, the new date on January 31, 2022
- Online game: redeemed on the old date May 5, 2021, new date October 15, 2021
What are the prices ?
Here are the main prizes and how many of each can be won:
- £ 100,000 cash – 4
- Ibiza Villa or UK Getaway – 30
- £ 1,000 spent on home entertainment at AO.com – 100
- Lay-Z-Spa whirlpool -175
- Choose a phone with a one-year plan provided by Sky Mobile – 750
- Missguided or Mennace £ 500 shopping – 700
- A buygift experience – 5,800
- £ 100 JD Gift Card – 1,500
- McDonald’s Extra Medium Value Meal or Big Flavor Wrap -2,000,000
- £ 1,000 cash – 50
- McDonald’s Gold VIP Card – 1,000
- Hisense Roku 50 inch 4K TV – 200
- £ 200 for the switch to go – 1,000
- Urbanears Wireless Headphones – 400
- Prezzybox voucher £ 100 – 750
- £ 100 One4all Gift Card – 300
- £ 50 gift card provided by JD Sports – 2,750
- Limited Edition Beauty Box from Glossybox.co.uk – 1000
- HYPE -1000 sunglasses
- £ 30 Missguided or Mennace voucher – 5,000
- Inflatable Pool Float – 1,000
- Hype Backpack – 2000
- Juice Portable Power Bank – 2,500
- Personalized phone case – 30,000
- Limited Edition PopSockets PopGrip – 5,000
- Sky Store online shopping voucher worth £ 5.99 to £ 125,000
- Big Mac or Big Flavor Wrap -2 609 614
- 6 Chicken McNuggets or Double Cheeseburger – 4,175,382
- McFlurry or fruit bag -6,263,072
- Small fries or bag of vegetables – 11 485 298
- Medium Coca-Cola Zero Sugar or medium milkshake – 10 960 375
- Quarter Pounder with McChicken Cheese or Sandwich – 4,175,381
- Apple pie or fruit bag -6,263,072
- Regular hot drink – 6,263,072
But 2021 also has a whole new twist. The chain introduced the McDonald’s VIP Gold card. This is a brand new prize and a sticker up for grabs.
There are 1000 to be won and the prize is one free average McDonalds each week for the following year.
10 of these additional cards are available to app users.
How to enter a winning code?
First, remove the sticker to reveal the game piece.
Next, you need to register or log into an account on the McDonald’s website or app.
You can enter the 10 digit code on the coin to see if you are a winner.
Each sticker has a unique code which gives a chance to win a prize in the online draw. Online cash prizes are awarded to two people every minute.