King’s Lynn Town enters the hat for Sunday’s first round draw after a home win.

It was a classic goal from Michael Gash – on the former Linnets forward’s return to The Walks – that put the visitors ahead in the 18th minute, but his successor, Gold Omotayo, equalized on the spot. half-time with his first for Lynn.

Lynn lost midfielder Joe Rowley, who was on a stretcher with his right leg heavily tied up, on the hour mark, but within a minute the hosts were ahead, with loaned Ipswich Town Brett McGavin slipping the ball in the far corner.

Lynn boss Ian Culverhouse was without defenseman Dan Bowry, who stopped in training during the week but kept three at the back, with Ross Barrows moving and Munashe Sundire taking the role left wing.

Lynn had the first clear chance after seven minutes, when Clunan passed the ball over the left-back for Rowley who, along with the outgoing keeper, attempted a lob but saw the ball hit the side net.

It was all Lynn in the early stages, but the inevitable happened in the 18th minute when Luke Warner Eley shot a left cross that went over Luis Fernandez’s head – and Gash was waiting right behind him , who gratefully accepted the gift, control the ball before shooting at home.

It could have been quite on point three minutes later when Rowley’s excellent play gained space to place a cross in which the Clunan dive headed right next to it.

Gold Omotayo headed Jones’ cross into the side net as Lynn turned the screw and Rowley headed a header straight at goalkeeper Lewis Moat.

Possession was still with Lynn, but the problem was crossing the orange line protecting Moat.

Brett McGavin saw a 42nd-minute free kick saved to his left by Moat, but Dion Sembie Ferris kept Paul Jones alert with a header straight to Lynn’s keeper.

Ethan Coleman’s falling header from a corner was instinctively knocked down by Moat, but Lynn wasn’t wrong with McGavin’s follow-up flag kick, rising high to level things in the added time .

Sundire was replaced by Malachi Linton early in the second half, with Lynn four in the back, with Linton up front alongside Omotayo.

Lynn Jones’ keeper did well to keep a close range effort from Sembie Ferris three minutes later, but Rowley got even closer at the near post when he cut a Linton cross a few inches wide – injuring himself in the process.

It took Barrett a minute to show off his skills with a nice pass far to the right for Linton to cross. Clunan, back to goal, slid the ball to McGavin at the edge of the box and the Ipswich player passed it to the lower right corner.

Jordan Nicholson thought he had equalized in the 77th minute, but Fernandez brilliantly managed to clear him off the line.

It was the visitors ‘turn to put the pressure on, and with 90 seconds of regulation time remaining, Nicholson shot a few inches off Jones’ left post. Richard Jones had time to miss a close goalie for the visitors.

The visitors fought bravely, but they did not.

The town of King’s Lynn: P Jones, A Jones, Callan-McFadden, Fernandez, Barrows, Coleman, Sundire (Linton 45), McGavin (Gyasi 83), Rowley (Barrett 60), Clunan, Omotayo.

Peterborough Sports: Moat, Bazeley, Warner Eley (Flock 65), Fryatt, Jones, Lawlor, Sembie Ferris, McCammon (M Jones 90), Gash, Jarvis (Stevenson 53), Nicholson. Unused Subscribers: Elsom, Miles, McGowan, Moreman.

Att: 1,013

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.